Thursday, April 29, 2010

PCAGOE May Challenge Entries

The Polymer Clay Artists Guild of Etsy's May Challenge theme is "History/Historial Event". As you can see, 14 of our member artists took the challenge and created these gorgeous entries depicting and interpreting a moment in time. Some are playful and humorous, others are touching and evoke deeply emotional feelings. Some are very personal. All are awesome interpretations on the challenge theme, and we hope you will vote for your top 3 favorites beginning May 1 thorugh May 7, 2010 at www.pcagoe.com.  5 lucky voters chosen at random will also win fabulous polymer prizes handcrafted by our member artists! Here is a list of the entrants:

1) Fly Me To The Moon Pendant by BeeTreeByMe
2) Australian ANZAC Slouch Hat Brooch by Polyclarific
3) The Day The World Changed Forever by NKDesigns
4) Medieval Manuscript Cane Set by ZoeOwyn
5) Headline 1920: U.S. Women Get The Right To Vote! Commemorative Brooch by SCDiva
6) My Great Grandmother's Steamer Trunk by ArrowdaleArtStudio
7) Ancient Shards Earrings by OneAndOnly
8 ) Italian-Inspired Terracotta Necklace by YoungCreative
9) Famous Painters of the Renaissance by PolymerClayCreations
10) Sunface Kachina Pendant or Wall Hanging by RenGalSA
11) Bathtub Gin Bootleggers by AlisonEKurek
12) Caveman's wheel Pendant by IansCafe
13) Come To The Tea Party by AshPaints
14) Popular Toys of the 20th Century by BlessedBeadJewelry

I'm #10 this month! Remember to vote for you favorites beginning May 1 and I'll be featuring an item each day during the voting so you can get to know the artists a bit better!

Today is Clay & Play Thursday in the PCAGOE - a day to post and show off what you've been working on in the past week. I won't be claying much these next few days as I finish off some spring cleaning and then host a birthday party for my daughter and 6-8 giggling 11 year old girls. We're having a movie night, sleep over, then doing a clay project as a party favor - making simple flower canes and covering pens and glass tubes for pendants. I've done birthday parties doing this and have done it for girl scout troops and it always is a big hit with the kids and a great memory. I still have girl scout mom who come up to me and show me the bracelet they still wear that we created years ago in our troop projects. It makes a wonderful party activity! Besides the party plans, I'm working on a smaller version of my sunface kachina for a necklace with matching beads from the canes I used to create it and some faux turquoise and some matching earrings using the feather cane. I've posted a few more pictures from my endeavors over the past few weeks while I was ill. I did more than I realized. lol

Enjoy your day and don't forget to vote beginning Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails