Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Day the World Changed Forever

911 - the day the world changed forever. Who can forget that day. I woke up and turned on the news just as a plane flew into one of the towers and I just stared in disbelief. Linda Riopel is the wonderful artist who created this memorial to that fateful day. She writes, "On 9/11/2001, 2973 innocent people perished in a horrendous act of terrorism at the World Trade Center. Living in New York, this is very close to my heart. This tin will not be for sale in my shop. It sits on my desk to remind me of the Day the World Changed Forever. Inside the tin is a Flag of Honor with tiny names of the 2973 victims of 9-11 who gave their life. " The image is a transfer covered with resin and the tin is beautifully sanded and buffed. Linda puts such care into all her creations and you might not find this wonderful piece in her shop, but there are so many more lovely things to choose from. Catch up with Linda's musings on her blog at www.nkdesignslindariopel.blogspot.com.

Today is day 4 of the PCAGOE challenge. You still have 3 days to VOTE to be a lucky one of the 5 who wins a prize from our prize pool.

Today I did a bit of experimenting. I have a ton of old canes - most that I don't really care for, but have been tucked away wrapped in baggies waiting for some kind of inspiration. One such cane was the paperdoll cane you can see in the kaleidoscope cane above. I have a whole series of little people in different colors just waiting to find their place in something special and this cane turned out to be a striking experiment.....now, what to do with it? Any suggestions? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails