Sunday, July 4, 2010

Faux Turquoise and Pebbles Bracelet

I love turquoise and anything with a southwestern feel. I guess it's no wonder that I ended up in Texas. =) This beautiful faux turquoise and pebbles bracelet is made by Carola Greiser of CAG Crafts. Carola joined the PCAGOE in March and creates the most wonderful millefiori canes for beads, buttons, and jewelry. Her work has so much detail and is always finished with such fine workmanship. When I look at her work I think how she must have hundreds of canes hanging about and I wonder how she knows where to start. lol I'd be seeing all the canes and just thinking about the months of different creations I could make! =)
Really though - her etsy stores are a MUST SEE! It truly makes you appreciate the artistry that comes out of those plain blocks of clay from the craft stores. =) You can find her beads and jewelry at CRAFTSBYCAG and her buttons and pens at POLYMERCLAYSHED. To keep updated on her new work, visit her blog at http://polymerclayshed.blogspot.com.

The days left in the PCAGOE challenge are counting down! Carola's bracelet is a wonderful addition to this month's FAUX challenge and if you haven't placed your vote yet for your favorites, now is the time to do so! You can vote at http://pcagoechallenge.blogspot.com. Remember - 5 lucky votes win a wonderful prize from our prize pool! VOTE TODAY! =)



Happy 4th of July! It's been a busy month, but I put together a few new designs for the holidays. This is my new Patriotic Patchwork design. It has a red, white, and blue marbled background with my 60s cane series appliques. The colors together with the white appliques give almost a lavender look to the smaller items when viewed from a distance. You'll notice the shine on most of these - I made a new muslin wheel for my ancient dremel and was experimenting with buffing. I love the results, but my 14 year old dremel was not so happy with me. I guess 14 years is nothing to complain about. Off to Lowe's I guess for a new one. =)

HAPPY 4th of JULY! Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails